Monday 3 December 2012

On the road...

On the road...

We left Barcelona around 10 am for the 3 hour drive to Valencia.

It was a beautiful drive that reminded me a lot of California. Part of the journey was along the coast which is gorgeous.

Once we arrived in Valencia we checked into a hotel right next to the training facilities.

One thing I've noticed so far in Spain is that there are soccer fields and stadiums everywhere. It's awesome!

After a lunch of Paella and a short siesta we attended trainings at CF Valencia.

We watched the U17 boys train. The practice was fast and the players are talented.

I'm certain my CSU Stanislaus team will be thrilled to know that they warmed up basically doing the FIFA 11+ warmup.

After that we were supposed to leave and go watch the 9, 10 and 11 year olds train. Instead I stayed and watched the U19 team.

I'm not sure that was allowed because I found myself locked into the training facility behind signs that clearly stated "authorized personnel only..."

It was worth the risk!

They trained at a very high level and it was impressive to watch. I took lots of notes...

Tomorrow we are meeting with the director of youth development for CF Valencia. Then on the road again to Madrid to see the Real Madrid v Ajax Champions League match. That should be incredible.


Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing! Reminds me of the time I spent in Spain and I feel I was supposed to have been born over there. Safe travels and I love the updates.

    ReplyDelete